Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is named after John Pfeiffer, who lived in a cabin on the property beginning in 1884. He was the son of Micahel and Barbara Pfeiffer, the first European settlers in the area.
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park has both a hotel (the Big Sur Lodge) and a campground within its boundaries. The campgrounds were closed in the winter of 2008-2009 due to the Basin Complex Fire, but most are open as of May 22, 2009.
|A rare view of the popular Pfeiffer Big Sur Park Waterfalls and Beach Pool|
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is popular for its redwood groves and trail to Pfeiffer Falls. Many of these trails were closed during 2009 due to damage from the Basin Complex Fire, but are now re-opened.
|Climbing down the waterfalls of Pfeiffer Big Sur Park|
source: wikipedia.com Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park